Campus Supervisor Resources
Hiring student workers is rewarding and educational to both the student and the supervisor. Campus departments can hire students as work study, general fund, or volunteer/interns.
Campus Supervisor Manual & Training
Everything you need to know about being a
campus student employee supervisor.
Supervisor training is also available throughout the year and will be required for all new supervisors.
Post A Job?
- Go online using Myinterfase for general fund, work study, volunteer, and intern positions.
- Contact Student Employment x3350 for a brief training on using Myinterfase.
- Tips for using Myinterfase
Hire a student?
- Before they start working, direct them to the Financial Aid/Student Employment desk in the upper lobby of building 6 to complete all necessary New Hire Paperwork BEFORE employment begins. Work study is currently under a hiring freeze.
- Students must complete a referral each time hired, summer, and fall. A new hire packet must be completed the first time employed or if there has been a lapse in campus employment over 6 months. The referral includes the Student Employee Policies and Procedures Agreement that must be signed by the student.
- Students who could view or access personal information will need to complete FERPA training before employment begins.
- All student employees need to review the Student Employee Handbook
Time sheets: All on campus student employees should use the online time sheet system TLR. Employees are paid on the 10th & 25th, or the closest banking day, of each month though a mailed check or direct deposit. Calendar of pay dates.
Student Employee Policies & Procedures Agreement can be found on the back of the referral and outlines employee expectations and policies.
Student Worker Options:
- Work Study: student wages are paid through their financial aid award. These students must maintain satisfactory academic progress, can work up to 19 hours per week, and may have credit requirements. Work study programs: Federal Work Study, State Work Study, WorkFirst Work Study, & Community Service Work Study. Contact Student Employment to find out what your position qualifies for.
- General Fund: student wages are paid through the department's budget. Any student taking a minimum of 6 credits can be General Fund. These students can work up to 19 hours per week.
- Volunteer/Intern: unpaid, may have set learning
objectives and generally works for a shorter term. Must complete
Volunteer Action Form and pass a background check per
*A student can be work study and general fund concurrently but cannot exceed 19 hours per week total. A student cannot volunteer for a job they were previously paid for nor be a 1000hr employee and a student worker concurrently.
Employee Evaluations are a useful tool for measuring progress, areas of improvement, and reflection. Student Employee Evaluation Sheet.